Zalina E. Ardasenov, MD, PhD, DMedSc, FACP
Clinical Associate Professor, General & Hospital Medicine
Dr. Zalina Ardasenov is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Ardasenov received her medical degree at the North Ossetian State Medical Academy (Russia). Then she had extensive clinical training and research in the field of Cardiology at the Russian State Medical University in Moscow which resulted in PhD and Dr MedScience degrees. She relocated to United States and completed Internal Medicine residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Since 2008 Dr. Ardasenov is working as a Hospitalist on a private service. Her area of interests is providing care for hospitalized patients with complex medical problems.
Education and Training
- MD, six-year program, North Ossetian State Medical Institute, Vladikavkaz, Russia
- Residency, North Ossetian State Medical Academy, Vladikavkaz, Russia
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Internal Medicine, Russian State Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Cardiology, Russian State Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
- Residency, University of Kansas School of Medicine
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- State of Missouri
- American College of Physicians, Fellow, 2018 - Present
- Society of Hospital Medicine, Member, 2008 - Present
- Imran, M, Ardasenov, Z, Brown, K, Maz, M, Magadan, J. 2015. Diabetic Myonecrosis of Bilateral Thighs in Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Kansas Journal of Medicine
- Jegadeesan, Ramprasad, Sundararajan, Tharni, Jain, Roshni, Karnik, Tejashree, Ardasenov, Zalina, Sidorenko, Elena. 2018. Strongyloides Duodenitis in an Immunosuppressed Patient with Lupus Nephritis. Kansas Journal of Medicine (1), 8-10