Yunxia Wang, M.D.
Yunxia Wang, M.D., is a professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Wang practices neurology in an acute care setting with special emphasis on patients with uncommon causes of stroke and central nervous system (CNS) autoimmune disorders. Dr. Wang is an expert in rare uncommon neurological conditions such as neurosarcoidosis, neuro-Behçet's, autoimmune encephalitis and CNS vasculitis. Her research interests are in improving the diagnostic accuracy for patients with uncommon neurological conditions and improving the quality of patient care.
She is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Education and Training
- MD, Taishan Med. Col.
- MS, Peking Union Med. Col.
- Bao, X, Pal, R, Hascup, K., N, Wang, Yun-Xia, Wang, W., T, Xu, W, Hui, D, Agbas, A, Wang, X, Michaelis, M., L, Choi, In Young, Belousov, Andrei, Gerhardt, G., A, Michaelis, E., K. 2009. Transgenic expression of Glud1 (glutamate dehydrogenase 1) in neurons: in vivo model of enhanced glutamate release, altered synaptic plasticity, and selective neuronal vulnerability.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 29 (44), 13929-44
- Han, Q, Zhang, L, Liu, Z, Kang, W, Lou, S, Qiu, J, Li , Z, Zhang, G, Wang, Yun-Xia, Li , M, Li , N. 2010. Elevated sICAM-1 levels in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virus.. European journal of clinical microbiology & infectious diseases : official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, 29 (12), 1507-11
- Wang, Yun-Xia, Denisova, J., V, Kang, K., S, Fontes, Joe., D, Zhu, B., T, Belousov, Andrei. 2010. Neuronal gap junctions are required for NMDA receptor-mediated excitotoxicity: implications in ischemic stroke.. Journal of neurophysiology, 104 (6), 3551-6
- Han, D, Liu, Z, Han, Q, Li , Z, Zhang, G, Qiu, J, Lou, S, Li , N, Wang, Yun-Xia, Li , M. 2011. Acute kidney injury in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virus: comparative evaluation by RIFLE and AKIN criteria.. Vector borne and zoonotic diseases (Larchmont, N.Y.), 11 (6), 723-30
- Michaelis, E., K, Wang, X, Pal, R, Bao, X, Hascup, K., N, Wang, Yun-Xia, Wang, W., T, Hui, D, Agbas, A, Choi, In Young, Belousov, Andrei, Gerhardt, G., A. 2011. Neuronal Glud1 (glutamate dehydrogenase 1) over-expressing mice: increased glutamate formation and synaptic release, loss of synaptic activity, and adaptive changes in genomic expression.. Neurochemistry international, 59 (4), 473-81
- Park, W., M, Wang, Yun-Xia, Park, Shin Hye, Denisova, J., V, Fontes, Joe., D, Belousov, Andrei. 2011. Interplay of chemical neurotransmitters regulates developmental increase in electrical synapses.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 31 (16), 5909-20
- Wang, Yun-Xia, Wang, Z, Pramanik, A, Santiago, M., L, Qiu, J, Stephens, Edward., B. 2016. A chimeric human APOBEC3A protein with a three amino acid insertion confers differential HIV-1 and adeno-associated virus restriction.. Virology, 498, 149-63