William Tucker, MD
Assistant Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
William Tucker, M.D. is an Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery specializing in Foot and Ankle Surgery. He received his undergraduate degree from The University of Alabama and his MD from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at The University of Kansas. After completing his residency, Dr. Tucker had the opportunity to spend a year as faculty at the Kansas City VA Medical Center providing orthopaedic care to our veterans. He then went to Salt Lake City to complete his Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the University of Utah.
Dr Tucker’s clinical practice encompasses all aspects of foot and ankle care. His philosophy includes a patient-centered approach to foot and ankle problems. He explores all options with his patients prior to considering surgery. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Tucker is actively involved in resident and medical student education.
Education and Training
- BS, Spanish/Biology, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- MD, MD, The University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Clinical Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Tucker, William., A., Barnds, Brandon., L., Morris, Brandon., L., Tarakemeh, Armin, Mullen, Scott, Schroeppel, J.., Paul, Vopat, Bryan., G.. 2022. Nationwide Analysis of Total Ankle Replacement and Ankle Arthrodesis in Medicare Patients: Trends, Complications, and Cost. FOOT & ANKLE SPECIALIST, 15 (3), 201-208
- Tucker, William., A., Birt, Mitchell., C., Heddings, Archie., A., Horton, Greg., A.. 2020. The Effect of Postoperative Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Nonunion Rates in Long Bone Fractures. ORTHOPEDICS, 43 (4), 221-+
- Grote, C., W, Tucker, W, Stumpff, K, Birt, M., C, Horton, G., A. 2020. Primary Arthrodesis for Diabetic Ankle Fractures.. Foot & ankle orthopaedics, 5 (1), 2473011420908841
- Barnds, Brandon, Tucker, William, Morris, Brandon, Tarakemeh, Armin, Schroeppel, John., Paul, Mullen, Scott, Vopat, Bryan., G.. 2018. Cost comparison and complication rate of Lisfranc injuries treated with open reduction internal fixation versus primary arthrodesis. INJURY-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THE CARE OF THE INJURED, 49 (12), 2318-2321