John Wallisch, M.D.
Dr. Wallisch is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Division of Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Wallisch received his medical degree from the University of Kansas in 2011. He went on to complete an Anesthesiology residency and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He stayed on at Pitt as faculty for two years, and returned to the University of Kansas as faculty in 2018.
Dr. Wallisch currently rounds in the Cardiac, Cardiothoracic, and Neurologic ICU's at KU.
Education and Training
- BS, Psychology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- MD, Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Clinical Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Medical Doctor, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
Dr. Wallisch's main research interest is Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO). He maintains a database of all patients who have been placed on ECMO at KU since 2016. He is a member of ELSO and has had multiple publications in the field of ECMO over the past five years.