Pluripotent Stem Cell Karyotyping
Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide the facility with a frozen vial of ES/iPS cells or a plate of growing cells.
- Provide a protocol for culture of your ES/iPS cells.
- Submit a Request Form in iLabs to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
The Pluripotent Stem Cell Core of the Transgenic and Gene Targeting Facility conducts a simple chromosome counting procedure to determine the percentage of euploid cells. No advanced karyotypic analysis is offered.
- The facility will culture and arrest pluripotent stem cells in metaphase with colcemid.
- We will prepare and count 20 chromosome spreads following a basic Giesma staining protocol.
- The percentage of euploid cells will be provided to the investigator.
Nov 04, 2019