Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Obtain IACUC approval for your project before requesting service.
- Discuss cell source with facility directors before beginning project. For requests to inject ES cells not provided by the Facility (including C57BL/6 cells from KOMP and EUCOMM), please contact Melissa Larson prior to obtaining those cells.
- Request karyotyping of your cells in iLabs prior to injection.
- Prepare cells the morning of injection and submit a single cell suspension on ice, or have the facility culture cells for you.
- Develop a reliable genotyping assay (PCR, Southern, or both) for identifying positive mice from tail clippings or ear punches.
- Testing for germline transmission is the responsibility of the investigator.
- Submit a Request Form in iLabs to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
- When requested, the facility will expand and prepare cells for injection.
- Previously selected targeted ES clones will be microinjected into C57Bl/6 blastocysts, after which they will be implanted into pseudopregnant females.
- We guarantee to inject and implant at least 60 blastocysts.
- We cannot guarantee the production of chimeric mice, nor their germline potential.
Nov 04, 2019