Tyler J. Fox, MD
Assistant Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Tyler Fox MD is a dual fellowship trained upper extremity
surgeon. He received his engineering and medical school degrees from the
University of Kansas finishing at the top of his class on both occasions. He
completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the Mayo Clinic, shoulder and
elbow fellowship at Harvard, and hand surgery fellowship at the Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Fox’s clinical practice uses a Mayo inspired patient centered approach to the care of the upper extremity patient. He has a particular interest in complex shoulder arthroplasty which makes up a large percentage of his practice. Dr. Fox enjoys teaching medical students and working with residents.
Education and Training
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Shoulder & Elbow Fellowship, Harvard
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Hand Surgery Fellowship, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member, 2012 - Present
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member, 2012 - Present
- Bokemper, M, Araiza, E, Templeton, K, Fox, T. 2018. Third-ray and capitate resection with limited midcarpal fusion for recurrent giant cell tumor.. JBJS Case Connector, 8 (1), 1-4
- Kakar, S, Fox, T, Wagner, E, Berger, R. 2014. Linked distal radioulnar joint arthroplasty: An analysis of the APTIS prosthesis.. J Hand Surg Eur, 39 (7), 739-44
- Srikumaran, U, Fox, T, Higgins, L., D, Warner, J., P. 2014. Massive cuff tears: Open and arthroscopic approaches (3), 325-343
- Rhee, P., C, Fox, T., J, Karkar, S. 2013. Nail gun injuries to the hand.. J. Hand Surg, 38 (6), 1242-6
- Fox, T, Foruria, A, Kilka, B, Sperling, J., W, Schleck, C., E, Cofield, R., H. 2013. Radiographic survival in total shoulder arthroplasty.. J. Shoulder Elbow Surg., 22 (9), 1221-7