Tim T. Dwyer III, M.D.
Dr. Timothy Dwyer III is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine and Medical Director of Respiratory Therapy at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Before starting medical school, he graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn University. He worked for Anheuser-Busch for two years before enrolling in medical school. Dr. Dwyer received his MD at The University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, KS. He completed his residency training at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan and completed Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at The University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, KS. He joined the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in 2003.
Dr. Dwyer’s clinical practice is primarily dedicated to treating cystic fibrosis and general pulmonary disorders.
Education and Training
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, The University of Kansas Medical Center
- Internship, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Residency, Internal Medicine, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Doctor Of Medicine, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Pulmonary Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, Member, 2002 - Present
- American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2000 - Present
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2000 - Present