Teresa D. Long, M.D.
Teresa D. Long, MD, has been Director of the Internal Medicine/Psychiatry Residency Program since 1995.
She received her M.D. from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in 1989. She completed dual training in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry at the University of Iowa in 1994, and has been Medical Director of the Cancer Pain Management Service since joining the faculty of the Departments of Psychiatry and Internal Medicine in 1994. She also heads the Psychiatry Consultation/Liaison Service, and is the co-Medical Director of the Hospital's Pain Management Program.
Dr. Long is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (Psychiatry). Her clinical interests include chronic pain and psychiatric disorders related to medical illnesses.
Education and Training
- BSN, Univ. of Maryland-Baltimore (H
- MD, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Residency, Internal Medicine/Psychiatry, University of Iowas Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Amercian Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Amercian Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- licensure, Kansas State board of healing Arts
- America Board of Psychaitry and Neurology, Member, 2019 - Present
- Association of Medicine and Psychiatry, annual meeting committee, Co-Chair, 2019 - 2021
- Association of Medicine and Psychiatry, council member, 2000 - Present
Current Research and Grants
- Swish and Swallow (SNS) for Pediatric post-tonsillectomy Pain, Hall Foundation, PI