Timothy Beaver, M.D.
Dr. Timothy Beaver is a sports cardiologist and the medical director of the adult echocardiography laboratory at The University of Kansas Health System. His specialties include cardiovascular disease, sports cardiology, interventional echocardiography, valvular heart disease and general cardiology. He is an expert in noninvasive, multimodality cardiovascular imaging in young adult competitive athletes. Dr. Beaver is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a member of the American Heart Association, the American Society of Echocardiography and the American College of Sports Medicine. Dr. Beaver earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his residency and a fellowship at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine with a sub certification in cardiovascular disease.
Education and Training
- BA, Psychology, The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Lawrence, Kansas
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Darmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center , Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Clinical Fellowship, Cardiology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
Dr. Beaver's research interests include pre-participation screening and sudden death prevention, cardiovascular imaging, interventional echocardiography, new echo technologies and valvular heart disease. His work has been published in the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography.
Current Research and Grants
- The Encircle Trial, Edwards Lifesciences, Co-I
- Triluminate Trial, Abbott, Co-I
- Edwards-Alt Flow, Edwards Lifesciences, Co-I
- Apollo Trial , Medtronic Inc., Co-I
- Baggish, A., L, Battle, R., W, Beaver, T., A, Border, W., L, Douglas, P., S, Kramer, C., M, Martinez, M., W, Mercandetti, J., H, Phelan, D, Singh, T., K, Weiner, R., B, Williamson, E. 2020. Recommendations on the Use of Multimodality Cardiovascular Imaging in Young Adult Competitive Athletes: A Report from the American Society of Echocardiography in Collaboration with the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography and the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography, 33 (5), 523-549
- Coylewright, M, O'Neill, E., S, Robb, J., F, McCullough, J., N, Tighe, C., M, Callahan, J., M, Beaver, T., A. 2017. Reduction of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction with transcatheter mitral valve repair.. Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), 34 (4), 625-626
- Costa, S., P, Beaver, T., A, Rollor, J., L, Vanichakarn, P, Magnus, P., C, Palac, R., T. 2014. Quantification of the variability associated with repeat measurements of left ventricular two-dimensional global longitudinal strain in a real-world setting.. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography, 27 (1), 50-4
- Vanichakarn, P, Beaver, T., A, Costa, S., P, Czum, J., M, Palac, R., T. 2013. An unusual left atrial mass in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the role of multimodality imaging.. Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), 30 (4), E111-3
- Beaver, T., A, Steiner, J, Sullivan, C., D, Costa, S., P, Palac, R., T. 2011. Two-dimensional longitudinal strain in patients with aortic stenosis can be reliably acquired at the bedside without additional benefit of offline analysis.. Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), 28 (1), 22-8
- Beaver, T., A, Jansujwicz, A, Arbuckle, B., E, D'Sa, A, Palac, R., T. 2003. Integrated backscatter during harmonic and fundamental frequency imaging--effect of depth, mechanical index, and tissue anisotropy: implications for myocardial tissue characterization.. Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), 20 (4), 337-43
- Beaver, T., A, Robb, J., F, Teufel, E., J, Malenka, D., J, Palac, R., T. 2000. Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction in an older woman: facilitated diagnosis with transesophageal echocardiography-guided biopsy.. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography, 13 (6), 622-5