Tiffany Barkley, D.O.
Tiffany Barkley, D.O., is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She joined the faculty in 2021, after completing a one-year fellowship in vascular neurology at KU Medical Center.
Dr. Barkley completed her residency in child neurology at Children’s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, where she was chief resident during the 2019-20 academic year. She earned a doctor of osteopathic medicine at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Saint Bonaventure University, where she graduated magnum cum laude, earned the Exceptional Biology Student Award and competed as an NCAA Division I student-athlete in swimming and cross country.
In addition to being an active presenter throughout her training, Dr. Barkley is an engaging teacher, including teaching and evaluating medical students and residents. Her research and clinical interests include stroke in the young. She is participating on multiple quality improvement projects and clinical trials related to stroke.
Dr. Barkley’s professional affiliations include the American Heart Association, American Academy of Neurology, Child Neurology Society, American Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics and American Osteopathic Association. She also is a member of Sigma Sigma Phi Honor Society, an honorary osteopathic service fraternity.
Education and Training
- BS, Biology, Saint Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, NY
- DO, Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA
- Residency, Pediatric Neurology, Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO
- Clinical Fellowship, Vascular Neurology, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- DEA, Drug Enforcement Administration
- Kansas License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Neurology Board Certification with Special Qualification in Child Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Heart Association, Member, 2019 - Present
- American Academy of Neurology, Member, 2017 - Present
- American Medical Association, Member, 2017 - Present
- Child Neurology Society, Member, 2017 - Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Member, 2013 - Present
- American Osteopathic Association, Member, 2011 - Present