Skip to main content


Enrollment Level and Aid Eligibilty 


In most cases, minimum (half-time) enrollment for federal aid eligibility for undergraduates students is 3* credit hours for summer and 6 credit hours for fall and spring.

*An additional application is required to receive summer financial aid.


Minimum (half-time) enrollment for federal aid eligibility for graduate students can be found here.

The number of credit hours in which you enroll may affect your eligibility for Federal Financial Aid and/or a loan deferment since typically you have to be at least half-time status to be eligible for financial aid or loan deferments. Be sure to check the website above which indicates how your enrollment status will be reported to the National Student Clearinghouse. Your status is based on the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled.

Additional Enrollment Information

In certain circumstances, we may be able provide financial aid for courses you are taking at another institution. If you will be taking courses at a school other than KUMC and would like to receive financial aid for those courses, please contact the Student Financial Aid Office to see how this can be set up. Information on consortiums can be found at this link: Financial Aid for Courses other than at KUMC

Enrollment and Tuition/Fees can be found at the Office of the Registrar’s website.

Last modified: Nov 20, 2020