Visiting Medical Students
The Coalition for Physician Accountability released updated recommendations on away rotations for medical schools for the 2021-22 academic year. If you'd like to read more about you can find it here.
We anticipate following the recommendations outlined below:
- Away rotations will resume no earlier than July 5, 2021
- Students may begin applying for in-person away rotations after April 15th for rotations starting on July 5, 2021 or later.
- The number of away rotations allowed is limited to one (4 week rotation) per student.
- Due to reduced capacity less students will be accepted for rotations than in a non-Covid typical year.
- Accepted students will be required to be N-95 Mask fitted in advance of their rotation.
- Visiting students accepted for a rotation will be required to pay a nominal fee of $110.00 (anticipated fee for 2021-2022 academic year) once they receive a bill from Student Financial Accounting.
The University of Kansas School of Medicine Kansas City Campus utilizes the AAMC Visiting Student Application Service, to receive visiting MD and DO student applications. For more information on VSAS, please see https://students-residents.aamc.org/attending-medical-school/article/visiting-student-learning-opportunities/ or contact email@example.com or (202) 478-9878.
Visiting medical students may apply to any available elective (but will only be allowed to attend for a total of 4 weeks) at the University of Kansas School of Medicine Kansas City campus. Visiting students will be considered only after the University of Kansas medical students have been scheduled. Eligible rotations and dates are listed in VSAS. Date ranges will be closed to new applications once capacity has been reached. The Kansas Campus does not accept off-cycle dates for rotations.
A COMPLETE application must be received 30 days prior to the start of the rotation in order to be considered.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-588-7055.