Skip to main content

Official Change of Name

Your official name that is on your academic record can only be changed by completing an official change of name form along with one form of documentation. Documents may include a driver's license, photocopy of a marriage license, court order, or social security card. If you only want to change your preferred name, you can make the change via Enroll and Pay. Your preferred name only appears on faculty class rosters and other non-official lists. Your official name is what appears on transcripts and other official academic records.

When you officially change your name, your e-mail account will also change to reflect your new last name but the login that you use to access electronic services does not change. If there is already an account established that is identical to your new name, you will receive a phone call to your local telephone number indicating what your new username is.

If you have questions please contact .

Last modified: Sep 11, 2018