Individuals may enroll in KUMC undergraduate or graduate-level courses for their own enjoyment and not for the attainment of a degree as an "auditing student." If you enroll as an auditing student, the university will issue a grade of "NE" or "Not Evaluated" for all courses you take that semester. A grade of "NE" signifies the inability of those courses to be used towards a degree or to be transferred to another university.
- Students enrolling in courses for university credit cannot also audit a course during the same semester.
- A $100 non-refundable auditing student fee is assessed each semester a student audits a course(s). This fee will be assessed through the student's Enroll & Pay account and must be paid by the semester due date. Late enrollment/payment fees may apply.
- Auditing students are not assessed regular tuition or the KUMC Campus Fee and do not have access to campus student services.
- In order to audit a course, the student must have the approval of the instructor.
- An auditing student cannot enroll in more than 6 hours in a given semester.
- Audited courses cannot be changed retroactively to count toward a degree.
- Applications are not processed until one week before the first day of classes.
- The Office of the Registrar will contact the auditing student regarding their enrollment status once the application has been processed.
To audit a course, please complete the KUMC Application for Auditing A Course (PDF) and submit it to the KUMC Registrar's Office.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 913-588-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.