Sabreena J. Slavin, M.D.
Sabreena Slavin, M.D., earned her medical degree from the University of Colorado-Denver School of Medicine in 2012, then completed an internship in internal medicine and a residency in neurology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. In 2017, she finished a vascular neurology fellowship at the University of Cincinnati, where she also earned a Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research.
Dr. Slavin joined the faculty of the University of Kansas Medical Center in August 2017. She specializes in neurology and vascular neurology. Her clinical practice focuses on acute ischemic stroke, carotid stenosis, stroke, vascular neurology and vertebral artery stenosis.
Education and Training
- BA, Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University
- MD, Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Rush University School of Medicine
- Residency, Neurology, Rush University School of Medicine
- Clinical Fellowship, Vascular Neurology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine
- Female Faculty Mentor Group, Female Faculty Mentor Group, Member, 2020 - Present
- Institutional Review Board, Institutional Review Board, Member, 2020 - Present
- Inpatient Neurlogy/Stroke Research, Inpatient Neurology and Stroke Research, Associate Director, 2018 - Present
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, Member, 2016 - Present
- American Academy of Neurology, Member, 2012 - Present
- Gillow, S., J, Lee, V., H. 2015. PFO Closure for Cryptogenic Stroke.. Current atherosclerosis reports, 17 (8), 45
- Hunter, S., K, Gillow, S., J, Ross, R., G. 2015. Stability of P50 auditory sensory gating during sleep from infancy to 4 years of age.. Brain and cognition, 94, 4-9
- Gillow, S., J, Ouyang, B, Lee, V., H, John, S. 2017. Factors Associated with Fever in Intracerebral Hemorrhage.. Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases : the official journal of National Stroke Association, 26 (6), 1204-1208
- Gillow, Sabreena., J, Dorman, James. 2018. Early presentation of cerebral fat embolism. Trauma, 20 (3), 230-232
- Slavin, S., J, Sucharew, H, Alwell, K, Moomaw, C., J, Woo, D, Adeoye, O, Flaherty, M., L, Ferioli, S, McMullan, J, Mackey, J, De La Los Rios Rosa, F, Martini, S, Kissela, B., M, Kleindorfer, D., O. 2018. Prehospital neurological deterioration in stroke.. Emergency medicine journal : EMJ, 35 (8), 507-510
- Kamel, Hooman, Alwell, Kathleen, Kissela, Brett., M, Sucharew, Heidi., J, Woo, Daniel, Flaherty, Matthew, Ferioli, Simona, Demel, Stacie., L, Moomaw, Charles., J, Walsh, Kyle, Mackey, Jason, De Los Rios La Rosa, Felipe, Jasne, Adam, Slavin, Sabreena, Martini, Sharyl, Adeoye, Opeolu, Baig, Tehniyat, Chen, Monica., L, Levitan, Emily., B, Soliman, Elsayed., Z, Kleindorfer, Dawn., O. 2020. Racial Differences in Atrial Cardiopathy Phenotypes in Ischemic Stroke Patients. Neurology
- Madsen, Tracy., E, Khoury, Jane., C, Leppert, Michelle, kathleen., alwell, Moomaw, Charles., J, Sucharew, Heidi, Woo, Daniel, Ferioli, Simona, Martini, Sharyl, Adeoye, Opeolu, Khatri, Pooja, Flaherty, Matthew, De Los Rios La Rosa, Felipe, Mackey, Jason, Mistry, Eva, Demel, Stacie., L, Coleman, Elisheva, Jasne, Adam, Slavin, Sabreena., J, Walsh, Kyle, Star, Michael, Broderick, Joseph., P, Kissela, Brett., M, Kleindorfer, Dawn., O. 2020. Temporal Trends in Stroke Incidence Over Time by Sex and Age in the GCNKSS. Stroke