Sheldon H. Preskorn, M.D.
Professor, Wichita - Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
Sheldon Preskorn, M.D. is a medical doctor specializing in psychiatry. Dr. Preskorn currently teaches PGY3 resident psychiatrists in assessment and management of outpatients with psychiatric illness.
Dr. Preskorn has authored over 500 professional publications and have been cited over 15,000 in the medical literature.
Education and Training
- MD, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas Medical License, Board of Healing Arts
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H. , Zeller, S, Citrome, Leslie, Goldberg, Joseph, Risinger, Robert, Fava, Mauricio, Kakar, Rishi, DeVivo, Michael, Yocca, Frank. 2021. BXCL501 Achieves Rapid Control of Agitation in Patients with Bipolar Disorder.
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2021. QTc, the Multitude of Ways It Is Calculated and Implications for Clinical Practice: A Case Example. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 27 ( (1)), 43-47
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2021. Charting and Handling Genetic Test Results: How They Differ From Most Laboratory Results. Journal of Psychiatric Practice
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2021. Consistency of the Antidepressant Effect of Intranasal Esketamine in Phase 3 Clinical Trials. Journal of Psychiatric Practice
- Citrome, Leslie, Preskorn, Sheldon., H., Lauriello, John, Krystal, John, Kakar, Rishi, Finman, Jon, DeViVo, Michael, Yocca, Frank, Risinger, Robert. 2021. A Rapidly Effective Treatment for Agitation in Schizophrenia: BXCL501, an Orally Dissolving Film of Dexmedetomidine.
- Preskorn, Sheldon. 2020. COVID-19: Why Has the Mortality Rate Declined?. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 26 ((5) ), 394-399
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H., Quadri, Syeda. 2020. Why Are Patients With COVID-19 at Risk for Drug-Drug Interactions? . 2020 Nov; . Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 26 ((6)), 485–492
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2020. Two Clinically Important but Underutilized and Misunderstood Tools: Formulas to Estimate Creatinine Clearance and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 26 ((4)), 305-308
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2020. The 5% of the Population at High Risk for Severe COVID-19 Infection Is Identifiable and Needs to Be Taken Into Account When Reopening the Economy. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 26 ((3)), 219-227
- Preskorn, Sheldon., H.. 2020. Mental Health Care Providers Dealing With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): What Is the Definition of a Case, How Is That Changing, and What Kinds of Tests Are Available?. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 26 ((3)), 215-218