Saurav Luthra, M.D.
Dr. Saurav Luthra is an Assistant Professor and Sleep Medicine Faculty in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He is an American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certified physician who completed an extensive fellowship in Sleep Medicine from Harvard Medical School at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Boston Children's Hospital. He earned his medical degree from King George's Medical University and completed his Internal Medicine residency at Rochester Regional Health system. He has previously worked as Internal Medicine Faculty at Harvard Medical School and Rochester Regional Health.
Dr. Luthra specializes in, and treats, the entire breath of Sleep disorders such as Snoring, Sleep Apnea, Daytime Fatigue, CPAP Intolerance requiring alternative treatment options (e.g. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator/INSPIRE, Diaphragmatic stimulator/REMEDE), Insomnia, Hypersomnia (excessive sleepiness), Narcolepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Circadian Rhythm (internal biological clock) Disorders, Sleep Hypoventilation, Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (OHS), Parasomnias (abnormal sleep behaviors), REM Behavior Disorder (dream enactments), Nightmare Disorder, Sleep Terrors, Sleep walking, Sleep Eating, Nocturnal Enuresis and others. His research interests include Complex Sleep Apnea, CPAP intolerance, Apnea phenotypes, Sleep biomarkers and use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Sleep diagnostics and therapeutics.
Education and Training
- MBBS, Medicine, King George Medical University, Lucknow, India
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Rochester Regional Health
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Rochester Regional Health
- Clinical Fellowship, Sleep Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Doctor of Medicine, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Doctor of Medicine, Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Missouri Division of Professional Registration
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Sleep Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Member, 2019 - Present
- Society of Hospital Medicine, Member, 2014 - 2018
- American College of Physicians, Member, 2013 - Present
- Luthra, Saurav, Patel, Niravkumar, Sepe, Paul, Berzin, Tyler, Kundu, Rabi, Sawhney, Mandeep, Chuttani, Ram, Pleskow, Douglas. 2010. ERCP Using Standard Enteroscopy in Patients with Roux-en-Y Surgical Anatomy. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY, 105, S540-S540
- Luthra, Saurav, Singh, Vasvi, Khalid, Raheel, Lingutla, Deerajnath. 2014. Pancreaticopleural Fistula in a Patient With Pancreatic Pseudocysts Treated With Endoscopic Cystogastrostomy. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY, 109, S101-S101
- Singh, V, Luthra, S, Kouides, R, Gadir, A., K. 2014. What's wrong with this artery? A medical disease discovered by a surgeon.. BMJ case reports, 2014
- Singh, Vasvi, Luthra, Saurav, Singhal, Varda, Divakaran, Neelima, Magno, Arnel, Krishnamurthy, Mahesh, Kouides, Ruth. 2015. DOOR-TO-DIURETIC TIME: A PROMISING STRATEGY FOR IMPROVING DELIVERY OF CARE TO PATIENTS HOSPITALIZED WITH DECOMPENSATED HEART FAILURE, A COMMUNITY-BASED SINGLE CENTER EXPERIENCE. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY, 65 (10), A866-A866
- Singh, V, Luthra, S, Elajami, T., K, Welty, F., K. 2015. Resolution of NASH with weight loss documented by hepatic MRI.. BMJ case reports, 2015