Sarah J. Hon, D.O.
Sarah J. Hon, D.O., is a clinical professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She also serves as a general neurologist and the vice president of the Neuroscience Service Line at The University of Kansas Health System. Dr. Hon joined the faculty in 2022 after practicing neurology in the Northland of Kansas City. Board certified in both neurology and epilepsy, she was the managing partner of a medical group while also serving in a variety of roles at North Kansas City Hospital, including chair of the Department of Medicine and a member of the Executive Committee.
Dr. Hon earned a bachelor’s degree in biology with honors at William Jewell College before graduating summa cum laude with a medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. After completing an internship in internal medicine at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, she finished her neurology residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. She also earned an executive MBA from Rockhurst University in 2022.
Dr. Hon is a Diplomate in the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology and epilepsy. She is also a diplomate of the United Council for Neurologic Specialties in Headache Medicine. Her professional affiliations include the American Academy of Neurology and the American Medical Association. She also is on the Kansas City Medical Society Board of Directors and currently serves as vice president of the Kansas City Clinical Neuroscience Society.
A native of Kansas City, Dr. Hon is married with two adult children. In addition to traveling, she enjoys singing classical music and has performed in the Kansas City Symphony Chorus and Musica Vocale.
Education and Training
- BA, Biology , William Jewel College, Liberty, MO
- DO, Medicine, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Truman Medical Center/Saint Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Residency, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Other, Business Administration, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Epilepsy Board Certification, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Kansas License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- Neurology Board Certification, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology