Sowjanya Duthuluru, M.D.
Dr. Sowjanya Duthuluru is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Dr. Duthuluru received her MD at Sri Venkateswara Medical College in Tirupati, India. Dr. Duthuluru completed her Internal Medicine residency at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. After completing her residency, she worked at Stormont Vail Health Care for 4 years as a hospitalist. Dr. Duthuluru completed her Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship, and her Sleep Medicine fellowship, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She worked at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center before joining the Pulmonary Division as an Assistant Professor.
Dr. Duthuluru’s clinical interests include, but aren’t limited to, Asthma, Narcolepsy, Sleep apnea, and COPD. She is active in the Intensive Care Unit and helps supervise fellows learning to do procedures, read sleep studies, and consult with patients.
Education and Training
- MD, MBBS, Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College, Puducherry
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Creighton University, Nebraska, NE
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Kansas medical center, Kansas City, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Sleep medicine, University of kansas medical center, Kansas city, Kansas
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Critical Care, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Board, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Sleep Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2016 - Present
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Member, 2013 - Present
- The American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2012 - Present
- Pillarisetti, J, Patel, P, Duthuluru, S, Roberts, J, Chen, W, Genton, R, Wiley, M, Candipan, R, Tadros, P, Gupta, K. 2011. Cardiac catheterization in patients with end-stage liver disease: safety and outcomes.. Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions : official journal of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions, 77 (1), 45-8
- Pillarisetti, J, Duthuluru, S, Sayana, H, Goucher, H., G, Patel, A, Biria, M, Vacek, J, Berenbom, L, Bommana, S, Nath, J, Wiley, M, Nangia, A, Di Biase, L, Natale, A, Reddy, M, Dawn, B, Lakkireddy, D. 2013. Age-Dependent Impact of Fluoroscopic Radiation on the Gender of Off-Spring: An International Survey of Cardiologists.. Journal of atrial fibrillation, 5 (6), 801
- Kanmanthareddy, A, Reddy, Y., M, Boolani, H, Duthuluru, S, Pillarisetti, J, Vallakati, A, Bommana, S, Atkins, D, Williamson, T, Lakkireddy, D. 2014. Incidence, predictors, and clinical course of atrial tachyarrhythmias in patients with pulmonary hypertension.. Journal of interventional cardiac electrophysiology : an international journal of arrhythmias and pacing, 41 (1), 9-14
- Vanga, S., R, Korlakunta, H, Duthuluru, S, Bommana, S, Narotam, P, Ryschon, K, Mohiuddin, S., M, Porter, C, Dawn, B, Lakkireddy, D. 2016. Partial Brain Tissue Oxygen Levels Predict Arrhythmia and Prognosis in Patients With Brain Injury.. American journal of therapeutics, 23 (6), e1781-e1787
- Armas, L., A, Dowell, S, Akhter, M, Duthuluru, S, Huerter, C, Hollis, B., W, Lund, R, Heaney, R., P. 2007. Ultraviolet-B radiation increases serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels: the effect of UVB dose and skin color.. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 57 (4), 588-93