How to Apply
We admit students to the online RN to BSN Program at the University of Kansas School of Nursing three times per year.
We encourage applicants to apply early. All application materials, including transcripts and references, must be received by the posted deadline in order to be considered for admission. Choose the application term carefully. Incomplete applications do not roll over into the next application term. Log in and access your application regularly to verify that all materials have been received.
- Summer session (June start): Application open Jan. 2-April 1
- Fall session (August start): Application open April 2-July 1
- Spring session (January start): Application open Aug. 2-Nov. 1
The following materials and steps are required for application to the RN to BSN program:
- Application: Apply online. Select "Nursing RN to BSN" on the Program Choice screen.
- Payment: $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcript(s): Submit official transcript(s) of all college coursework. If applicable, this includes sending official scores for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). Send transcripts to:
KU School of Nursing
Mail Stop 2029
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
Three (3) Letters of Reference: Gather the names and email addresses of three people from whom you wish to request letters. Once you submit your application, your references will be emailed with instructions for submitting their recommendation online. References should be requested from people who are able to describe your potential to be successful in the nursing program. You should avoid asking personal friends or family members. Faculty, graduate teaching assistants, supervisors from work or volunteer experiences or advisers/leaders from extracurricular or community activities would all be appropriate people to ask.
Admission: Decisions are made on a rolling basis, typically 4-6 weeks following receipt of your completed application. All applicants are notified of their admission status via email from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Deposit: To verify admission acceptance and secure enrollment, admitted RN to BSN program students must submit a $200 (non-refundable) enrollment deposit. This deposit is applied to the first semester's tuition and is not an additional fee.
View KU Medical Center's data protection privacy notice.
View KU Medical Center's privacy statement.