Skip to main content.

Time to Degree

The median time to a degree for students who graduated in 1986-2012 and completed the course work on a full-time basis is three years. The median time for all students who graduated in those years is 5.7 years.

Employment After Graduation

Of the PhD program graduates, 75% have been employed in nursing education as faculty members, researchers and administrators. Employment categories for the remaining 25% include directors of research in hospitals, hospital systems and other health agencies, pharmaceutical research, clinical practice settings, National Institutes of Health, consultation, professional writing and nursing administration positions in hospitals and other agencies.

KU School of Nursing

KU School of Nursing
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Mail Stop 2029
Kansas City, KS 66160
913-588-1619 | TTY 711
soninfo@kumc.edu