Nursing Education Xchange
The Nursing Education Xchange allows doctoral students enrolled at member colleges/universities to take courses that may not be offered at their home institution.
The University of Kansas School of Nursing is a member of The Nursing Education Xchange (NEXus). NEXus is a collaboration among participating doctoral programs in nursing that allows doctoral students enrolled at member colleges and universities to take courses that may not be offered at their home institution for a common price. A master's-level pilot program has also been launched.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, the NEXus Common Price for a course is $865 per semester credit hour and $577 per quarter credit hour. This fee is intended to cover all associated university fees such as technology, library or application fees. As with all courses, students are responsible for books and educational material costs.
NEXus courses may qualify for financial aid. If you are receiving aid and plan on taking a NEXus course, please contact the KU campus staff coordinator, to complete and route a KU School of Nursing consortium agreement.
The student is responsible for meeting the registration and payment deadlines of the institution that is offering the course. In most cases, this will not coincide with the KU School of Nursing calendar, so advanced planning financially and academically is critical. Visit the NEXus website for a complete list of registration deadlines.
- Decisions about selecting a NEXus course must be made in consultation with your academic advisor/committee chair.
- Students enrolled in a NEXus course must meet all course requirements.
- Students are encouraged to contact the course faculty in advance to ensure that they understand the course requirements (e.g., prerequisite courses, vacation periods, on-campus requirements, technology requirements, synchronous versus asynchronous discussions).
For assistance in registration or enrollment in a NEXus course, please contact:
- Katie Garrity, Campus Staff Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becky Christian, Campus Faculty Coordinator, email@example.com
Visit winnexus.org for additional course information, registration deadlines and dates.