Tailored Trainings for Tobacco Treatment
Tailored Trainings or Talks can Address Unique Needs
Drs. Faseru and Richter from the University of Kansas School of Medicine can provide tailored trainings for your organization. As part of a Kansas Health Foundation project, we are funded to provide 4-6 trainings per year to organizations across Kansas. Organizations outside of Kansas may also request specialized services and may contact us for more information.
Topics can be tailored to each organization's needs:
- Free resources for quitting tobacco
- Prevention/treatment of adolescent smoking/vaping
- Integrating tobacco treatment into health homes
- Using Motivational Interviewing to encourage quitting
- Ways that peers can support tobacco cessation
- Free/low cost quit medications & how to use them
- What to say to clients about e-cigarettes
- Optimizing use of quit-smoking medications
- Text messaging for smoking/vaping cessation
- Building referral systems within your organization
- Other topics as needed
- Talks can be 30 minutes - 3 hours; minimum of 8 learners
- Training location: at your organization or online webinar
- We can provide continuing education units
- We may ask permission to record trainings
If you are interested in hosting a training:
- Please complete our Training Interest Form.
- Our team will set up a conference call to learn about your needs and logistics for your training.
- Please allow adequate time for planning in advance of the date you would like your training.