Master of Health Services Administration Program Vision, Mission, Values
The University of Kansas Master of Health Services Administration Program improves lives and communities in Kansas and beyond by preparing students to be outstanding health administration professionals and future leaders in the health care sector. To accomplish this mission, the program:
• Recruits students with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, along with the ability to succeed
• Hires, values and respects faculty with varied backgrounds, who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service
• Designs and develops a competency-based curriculum that stresses lifelong learning
• Emphasizes interprofessional education through collaboration with learners and practitioners from multiple disciplines
• Stresses the practical application of knowledge
• Enables graduates to be competitive in the marketplace
The University of Kansas Master of Health Services Administration Program aspires to lead the nation as the pre-eminent program for preparing health administration professionals who will improve health and health services.
To further the mission of our department and to advance our commitment to life-long learning, both within and outside the classroom, we espouse the following core values.
We welcome and embrace the diverse cultures, experiences, expertise and points of view that enrich the KUMC community and the MHSA program.
We act in an ethical, honest, trustworthy and accountable manner.
We maintain high standards for our community, vocational, and educational organizations; serving as faithful ambassadors for each.
We advance the quality of health care and education; we work collaboratively to achieve our individual and collective potential; we respect the educational process, the free exchange of ideas, and confidential information.
We recognize that we are a part of a health-focused profession; we respond with compassion to the needs of individuals and communities.
We anticipate and meet constantly changing needs; we guide the transformation of health care.