Our staff of physicians and University of Kansas medical students provide the following medical services either on site or by referral:
- Non-emergency urgent care
- Diabetes care
We provide a medical home to diabetic patients where they can be managed and followed over time. Services include laboratory work-ups, treatment as it becomes available, and education on appropriate diet and nutrition. Patients are referred to Diabetes Night after first being seen by the general clinic.
- Eye exams and referrals
JayDoc Ophthalmology Night provides eye health evaluations to all of our patients. Our team will give recommendations necessary to help our patients maintain excellent vision. Exams offered include testing for glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, cataracts, and more. Referrals are made for patients who require surgeries or more serious follow-ups. In addition, the clinic is also able to provide glasses for patients at low to no cost.
- Gynecologic screening
- Prenatal care
- Dental care
Appointments can be scheduled prior to dental night by calling 913-387-1202 or emailing email@example.com. During dental night, limited walk-ins will be available between 5-6pm on a first come basis.
- Prescription medications
- Laboratory tests can be performed on site if warranted during the visit. We are unable to see referrals for labs only.
- Sexually-transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Medical home, specialty care, and imaging referrals
- Free HIV screening and counseling
- Gender-Affirming Services
Gender-Affirming Night provides free physician visits and labs for underinsured patients wishing to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT), with the understanding that they will finance their own hormone replacement medication ($40-$70/month). View more details on Gender-Affirming Night and services.
In addition to medical care, we also offer the following services:
- Disease-specific and dietary information
- Applications and aid for social services and support programs
- Outreach services and programs for schools and adolescents
- Behavioral health care
- Free exercise and wellness programs
Some of these services (medical and other) are offered during our appointment-only specialty clinics. If you visit the clinic during our regular hours (Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:45-10 p.m.), we may refer you for an appointment with one of our Tuesday evening specialty clinics.
Services JayDoc Cannot Provide
- Workers compensation complaints
- Broken limbs
- Refills or requests for medications including narcotics, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, or
- seizure medications.
- Dental complaints (cannot be addressed on Mondays and Wednesdays, but ask when the
- next Tuesday Dental night will be—typically two dental clinics per month)
- Acute severe emergencies such as heart attack, stroke, or car accident complaints
- Recent concussion
- If you are having any serious emergency please go to the Emergency Department