What to expect at your visit to JayDoc
JayDoc is a free, student-run clinic that provides non-emergency urgent and preventative care to the uninsured and underinsured populations of Greater Kansas City.
Each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening, JayDoc is staffed with volunteer attending physicians and residents, medical student physicians, and staff who serve as patient intake and front desk volunteers.
General Clinic Nights
Mondays and Wednesdays are general clinic nights.
The clinic opens at 4:45 p.m., but before patients are seen by a JayDoc provider, they must undergo a triage process.
- JayDoc volunteers speak briefly with each patient in order to understand each person's needs.
- In certain instances, JayDoc may not have the necessary volunteers or resources needed to treat a patient, and in this case the patient may be referred to a JayDoc specialty night or another clinic.
- Any patient may also choose to speak with someone in our Social Services Department, whether or not they are able to be seen by a JayDoc physician.
Specialty Clinic Nights
Tuesday evenings are specialty nights. JayDoc's specialty night services include:
- Women's health care
- Dental care
- Diabetes care
- Ophthalmology services, and
- Radiology services
To attend a JayDoc specialty night, a patient must receive a referral after attending JayDoc general clinic; however, Dental Night is an exception.
- JayDoc patients do not need a referral to attend dental night
- Patients who need dental care undergo a triage process similar the process that occurs on general clinic nights.