M1 Summer Elective Information
Class of 2023 only
It is your responsibility to make sure that you have been approved for your summer elective experience by March 6th so that enrollment and financial aid (if applicable) are completed in a timely manner. Enrollment will occur when the program you have applied to and been approved for notifies the Office of Student Affairs.
To be enrolled in a summer program, you must be in good academic standing.
Elective credit will be accrued at the rate of two credits for four weeks or four credits for eight weeks. The maximum number of elective credits hours you can obtain over the summer between your first and second year of medical school is four.
Financial Aid is available for students who are enrolled for the summer 2020 session.
Summer Elective Opportunities Information (presented at December 5th Summer Electives session)
- Guidelines for IDSP 800
- Bartle Scout Ranch (Dr. Dak Burnett and Dr. Brad Barth, Co-Directors) IDSP 800
- Clendening and King Summer Fellowships (Dr. Tarris Rosell and Dr. Jason Glenn, Co-Directors) HPMD 909
- Clinical Education Elective (Dr. Pam Shaw, Director) IDSP 800
- International Education Experience (Kimberly Connelly and Alexa Smith) IDSP 800
- Leadership for Healthcare Quality, Financial Stability, and Provider Well-Being (Dr. Robert Badgett) PVMD 978
- Medical Education Project (Christina Magnifico) IDSP 800
- Philmont Scout Ranch (Dr. David Naylor, Director) IDSP 800
- Summer Training Option for Rural Medicine (Dr. Michael Kennedy, Director) FAPR 905
- Summer Research Training Program (SRTP) (Dr. John Stanford, Director) IDSP 800