Health Sciences Enrichment Institute
Explore the program activities, eligibility, and application requirements for the Health Science Enrichment Institute.
The Health Science Enrichment Institute (HSEI) five-week summer program on the University of Kansas Medical Center campus is designed for incoming college freshmen and sophomores that offers additional instruction and exposure to various science courses and personal development topics.
This program includes courses and activities of various topics:
- Introduction to Research
- Introduction to Medicine
- Time Management and Study Skills
- Sessions with a diverse student population and practicing health professionals
- Clinical Skills Training
- Acceptance to or current enrollment as a freshman or sophomore in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required at the college level or 3.0 G.P.A. at the high school level.
- Completion of at least one science course, one math course and one English course or its equivalent at the college level, or completion of at least two sciences and two math courses at the high school level is mandatory.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
Log in to the Online Application with the following:
- UserID: OCED Program Application
- Password: OCED
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347.
Provide the following supporting documentation:
- Two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- An unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed.
Email supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “HSEI Supporting Documents: Your Name”
|Application Opens||December 1st|
|Application Closes||March 15th|
|Program Timeline||May 22nd – June 30th, 2023|
Questions? Contact ODI@kumc.edu.