Health Sciences Enrichment Institute
The HSEI five-week summer program on the KUMC campus is designed for incoming college Freshmen and Sophomores, that offers instruction in science courses, such as biology, anatomy, microbiology and intro to research and medicine.
- Acceptance to or current enrollment as a freshman or sophomore in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required at the college level or 3.0 G.P.A. at the high school level.
- Completion of at least one science course, one math course and one English course or its equivalent at the college level, or completion of at least two sciences and two math courses at the high school level is mandatory.
- The student must be a member of a population that is underrepresented or underserved in the health field (i.e. Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Southeast Asian, Rural).
This program will include:
- Intro. to Research
- Intro. to Medicine
Non-Academic Components include:
- Time Management and Study Skills
- Sessions with underrepresented medical students and practicing health professionals
- Clinical Skills Training
THE APPLICATION FOR THIS PROGRAM WILL OPEN FEBRUARY 10, 2020 AND WILL CLOSE ON MARCH 18, 2020.
- Complete online application and submit it by March 18, 2020.
Log in to the Online Application with the following User ID / Password:
User ID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, email@example.com
- Once you save Page 1 of the online application, log back in with your personal User ID and Password to access applications.
Your personal User ID is created when you successfully save Page 1.
User ID: First Name + Last Name with no spaces
Password: Month + Day of your birth date (4 digits, like 0530) +
Last Four Digits of your SSN (a total of 8 digits)
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed and an unofficial transcript from high school, if applicable.
Your supporting documents must be received by March 18, 2020 for the application to be considered complete. Only complete applications will be considered for acceptance to the program.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
Supporting documents should be sent via email to the following email addresses:
Pamela Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Alonso Luaces: email@example.com
Sherry Kennedy: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to send your supporting documents via US Postal Service, please use the following address:
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
|March 18, 2020||Online application must be submitted on or before this date|
|May 27, 2020||First day of summer programs|
|June 26, 2020||Last day of the program|