Mission & Goals
The University of Kansas Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program provides a supportive, fair, and transparent environment for resident training and professional development that promotes excellence in education, collegiality, and joy in empathetic patient-centered practice.
We accomplish this through:
- Advocacy for reproductive justice in our workplace, community, state, and beyond
- Education as we teach our students and learn from our faculty
- Equity by confronting the systemic and historic racism in medical care and addressing current disparities of care
- Inclusion through diversity and the provision of a safe and supportive environment for the well-being of our patients, faculty, and learners
- Transparency in scheduling and policy
- Wellness as we take care of ourselves and each other
Our goals reflect the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical education (ACGME) core competencies of Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning and Improvement, Systems-Based Practice, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, and Professionalism.