KU Medical Center and the Department of Neurology are committed to providing our residents and fellows with a competitive annual salary and benefits package. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
- View KU Medical Center's salary rates for residents and fellows for the current academic year.
- Residents are eligible for an educational stipend to attend a conference or for the purchase of books, CDs or other educational materials subject to approval of the program.
- Access to KU's medical library is given for house staff to browse electronic journals without a subscription.
- $1,500 allotment per resident per year for AAN membership, books/media, meetings/conferences
- $200 per resident in PGY1 for tools (ophthalmoscope)
- $1,500 during senior year for board preparation
- Malpractice insurance coverage is provided to all employees.
- Health and dental insurance for you and your family
Vacation and leave
- Residents are eligible for time off benefits. Holiday call will be equitably distributed by the program director.
- Residents receive three weeks of paid vacation each academic year.
- Sick leave is time that can be used in case of illness or injury. Residents are allowed 10 non-cumulative days of sick leave each year.
- Extended leave without pay is given for reason of family or person illness, serious health conditions, disability or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Free access to Kirmayer Fitness Center, KU Medical Center's onsite fitness center
- Laundry service
- Meal allowance
For more detailed information about the benefits we offer, check out these resources.