ACT National Query Tool
Over 125 million patient records can now be queried by Frontiers: University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute clinical researchers and study teams through the Accrual to Clinical Trials Network to explore and validate patient cohorts and identify potential collaborators for investigator-initiated single- and multi-site clinical trials.
The ACT Network will let you do the same study feasibility queries done today with HERON for the University of Kansas Health System but against the i2b2 databases across the entire CTSA consortium, all from the comfort of your office. This can be valuable as preliminary data for grant proposals and clinical trial estimation.
ACT Access Requirements
1. Be a KUMC faculty or be sponsored by a KUMC faculty member
2. Sign the ACT System Access Agreement
3. Complete your human subjects training
To request access, please visit https://heron.kumc.edu (accessible at KUMC or via the VPN) and click on "ACT SHRINE Sponsorship Request"
- Introduction to REDCap and HERON: Beginner Training Clinics Tuesdays 12pm-1pm CST. Click here to sign up. This is an introduction for new users or users needing a refresher
- For questions or help with projects: REDCap & HERON Office Hours, Monday & Wednesday 4pm-5pm CST, Friday 9am-10am CST. Click here to sign up. This is not a beginner course; 15-20 min appointment to assist with specific questions
- For support by email: Contact MI Support at email@example.com
- For project development by MI: Contact MI Support at firstname.lastname@example.org Funding is required