Parent and Family Resources
Find helpful links for child care and lactation services along with wellness and mental health resources for parents, families and caregivers in the GME newsletter.
Kansas City Child Care
Disclaimer: The University of Kansas Medical Center assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the childcare information provided. KU Medical Center does not offer university affiliated child care or endorse any particular service offered here.
Faculty, staff, residents, trainees and students who are nursing mothers may use the medical center's Express Stations by scheduling dates and times using the Outlook email system. Reservations are required. In addition to providing certainty with regard to schedule, this functionality will also allow users to do a "busy" search to find available Express Stations throughout the medical center on an as-needed basis when employees may anticipate being asked to work in areas of the medical center outside of their department, or in the event of unanticipated schedule changes or other anomalies.
Here is how to schedule an Express Room in Outlook:
- From Outlook click on "calendar"
- From the "Home" tab, select "New Meeting"
- Once the create meeting window opens, under the "Meeting" tab, click on "Scheduling Assistant"
- Under All Attendees, copy and paste one of the following room names and press enter:
- Support Services 103A
- Robinson 2001
- Hemenway 1055A
- Miller 4021
- Wescoe 2044
- School of Nursing 3070
- CRC 2507 (Note: this room is located at KU Clinical Research Center #2507, 4350 Shawnee Mission Parkway)
- HEB 2114
- Once the room is added, you can view your schedule and the room schedule, and see if the room is available during the time you wish to schedule.
- Once the date and time are selected, send the appointment by clicking "send". Hospital Employees will need to select the Appointment button and copy and paste the name of the room selected into the Location field, otherwise a warning message will be presented.
- Reservation complete!
Other Helpful Resources
In addition to the information above, you might be interested in exploring some of the ideas for kids and families we have included on our Social and Cultural Activities page. We've also gathered a variety of tips and tools on our Stress Management Resources page.