Ananda Jayawardhana, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Biostatistics & Data Science
Vice President, Mu Sigma Rho Statistics Honorary Society 2014 - 2016
President, Pittsburg Sunrise Rotary Club 2014 - 2015
Webinar Coordinator, Quality of Productivity Section of the ASA, January 2012 - December 2014
Member: Kansas Board of Regents Tilford Conference on Diversity and Multiculturalism, Conference Planning Committee 2006 - Present and Co-Chair Conference Planning Committee 2015 - 2016
B.Sc., General Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
B.Sc., Mathematics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
M.A., Statistics, University of Missouri - Columbia
Ph.D., Statistics, University of Missouri - Rolla
Pittsburg State University, College of Arts and Science Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005
I am passionate to educate the next generation of mathematics teachers, statisticians, and actuaries. I am also committed to help faculty organizations, student organizations, and professional organizations. With the limited spare time I have, I am dedicated to serve Rotary.
1. Corpstein, C., Arruda, J., Ford, C, and Jayawardhana, A. A. (2014) "Comparison of the Fort Scott National Historic Site Restored Tallgrass Prairie and a Native Tallgrass Prairie Remnant in Southeastern Kansas," Great Plain Research, Vol. 24, No.1, pp79-99.
2. Jayawardhana, A. A. and Yang Song (2013) "Lower Prediction and Tolerance Bounds in Accelerated Life Testing for the Rayleigh Distribution" American Statistical Association 2013 Proceedings of the Section on Statistical Education, Section on Quality and Productivity , pp2835-2849
3. Jayawardhana, A. A. (2013) "Do Normal Probability Plots Tell the 'Truth' When Sample Sizes Are Small?" American Statistical Association 2012 Proceedings of the Section on Statistical Education, Section on Statistical Education, pp2691-2703.
4. Ananda Jayawardhana, (2012) "What Does a Normal Distribution Sound Like?" Published in Statistics Education Web, http://www.amstat.org/education/stew/pdfs/WhatDoestheNormalDistributionSoundLike.pdf.
5. Jayawardhana, A. A. (2011) "Developing a New Course: Introducing Applied Statistics to Math Majors" American Statistical Association 2011 Proceedings of the Section on Statistical Education, pp 3808-3813.
6. Jayawardhana, A. A. (2009), "Weibull Prediction Bounds in Accelerated Life Testing with Two Stress Factors of Acceleration, American Statistical Association 2008 Proceedings of the Section on Physical and Engineering Sciences, pp 2888-2894
7. Brooker, N., Lord, J. R., Long, J, & Jayawardhana, A. A. (2008), "AFLP Analysis of Genetic Diversity in Charcoal Rot Fungal Populations Impacted by Crop Rotations," Comm. Appl. Biol. Sci., Ghent University.
8. Pintar, A. and Jayawardhana, A. A. (2006),"A Simulation Study to Test the Accuracy of Using Maximum Likelihood Predictive Density in Quality Control Assuming the Power Rule Model and the Exponential Distribution," American Statistical Association 2005, Proceedings of the Section on Quality and Productivity, pp 1848-1853.
9. Chambers, D. K., Arruda, J. A., and Jayawardhana, A. A. (2005), "A synoptic water quality survey of the Spring River and its tributaries," Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science, Vol. 108, No. 1/2, pp 47-56.
10. Jayawardhana, A. A. and Samaranayake, V. A. (2004), "Obtaining Prediction Bounds for a Weibull Life Distribution using Multi-Level Accelerated Life Tests: Corrigenda and Addenda," Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulations, Vol.74 No. 12, December 2004, pp 915-920
11. Jayawardhana, A.A. and Samaranayake, V. A. (2004), "Prediction Intervals for the Weibull Distribution, Inter Stat, November 2004.
12. Jayawardhana, A.A. and Samaranayake, V.A. (2003), "Prediction Bounds in Accelerated Life Testing: Weibull Models with the Inverse Power Relationship," Journal of Quality Technology, Vol. 35, No. 1, January 2003, pp 89-103.
13. Richard R. Bryant, Ananda Jayawardhana, V. A. Samaranayake, and Allen Wilhite "The Impact of Alcohol and Drug Use on Employment: A Labor Market Study Using the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," University of Wisconsin-Madison, Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Paper- 1996 DP 1092-96