Thank you to our recent community partners!
We partner with members from the community so that participants have opportunities to learn and practice social skills across a variety of settings and people. Help the GNO program carry out our mission to empower individuals with autism and developmental disabilities, promote inclusion, offer a safe space, or share your expertise!
GNO not only influences individuals with disabilities, it makes a community wide impact across a variety of partners!
What does it mean to be a community partner?
- Becoming a community partner means sharing your expertise, resources, time or space with a group of girls and young women with and without disabilities in our community.
- Some community partners welcome us into their businesses while others donate their time, services and/or products to the girls and young women in our program.
- Some community partners offer a group discount or sponsor a GNO event.
- If you agreed to host our group, this would involve having a group of 8-12 participants into your business/space on one occasion, for 1-2 hours.
We appreciate your involvement at any level! As a thank you for your support and partnership, we recognize our community partners contribution by including your logo or name on materials, website, and social media.
- We give girls and young women with autism and other developmental disabilities opportunities to practice skills related to self-worth and relationship building, across a variety of settings and people.
- We want participants of all abilities to feel successful, build confidence, and realize they too can make meaningful connections.
- We teach and practice social and self-care skills within social or related settings to improve mental health and conversation skills.
- Program services provide meaningful interactions, an increased understanding of differences, and fosters community inclusion for both participants and community partners!
- Community partners report an increased knowledge base and understanding of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities, improved perspectives about individuals with different abilities, satisfaction with their experience, and interest in future opportunities.
Partnering with our program would give participants an opportunity to feel a sense of belonging, create positive thinking, and improve quality of life.