Learn more about the following topic areas within the Facts Not Fear ICT umbrella.
After participating in the Healthy Behaviors community health session, participants will be able to:
- Identify trusted information on health risk in the media
- Determine how to protect themselves from illness based on advice from family and friends
- Access information on healthy activities such as exercise and nutrition
- Better understand nutritional information on food packaging
- Understand how different daily behaviors impact health
- Make informed decisions to improve their health
After participating in the Stress and Mental Health community health session, participants will be able to:
- Better understand how to manage mental health problems such as stress and depression
- Identify trusted sources related to mental health on the internet
- Identify local resources for mental health services
- Identify what are depression symptoms
- Identify positive coping strategies to manage stress and anxiety
- Practice new coping strategies
Mental Health Campaign
For good mental health, get active, get connected and get involved!
Facts Not Fear ICT wants to improve mental health in Wichita. Getting active, connected and involved can help improve everyone’s mental health. Give it a try!
We would love to hear your feedback on this message.
After participating in the Health Visits and Screenings community health session, participants will be able to:
- Understand how health screenings help with prevention and early detection
- Be better prepared for health care visits
- Identify trusted sources for health information on the internet
- Connect to area health clinics
After participating in the COVID-19 and Prevention community health session, participants will be able to:
- Better understand COVID-19 prevention guidelines
- Identify trusted sources related COVID-19 on the internet
- Identify local resources for COVID-19 prevention
- Learn how to reduce your chances of getting COVID-19
Facts Not Fear ICT works to engage the community and ensure the work is informed by the community. Our work is informed by an advisory board, volunteers and the community at large. We welcome your participation! If you want to get involved and learn more about Facts Not Fear ICT, contact us today, share your experience or explore our upcoming events.