Electronic Monitoring of Mom's Schedule - eMOMS - is a new program and research study that supports healthy weight and breastfeeding after pregnancy.
eMOMSTM includes an online program where you will be able to access information and professional support anytime, anywhere.
Participation is free of charge. You will also receive FREE mom and baby care products throughout the eMOMSTM program!
You may be eligible for the eMOMSTM program if you are:
- Age 18 or older and speak English
- Less than four months pregnant
- Overweight or obese before pregnancy
- Interested in breastfeeding your baby
- Wanting to learn more about nutrition and exercise
- Have a cellphone and internet access
- Able to use Facebook
As part of the eMOMSTM research study and at a time convenient for you, the University of Kansas School of Medicine will provide you with access to a certified diabetes prevention program lifestyle coach, weekly 15-minute videos on nutrition and exercise during and after pregnancy, and online breastfeeding education and ongoing support.
You will enjoy free weekly one-on-one personal conversations with a health professional who can answer your questions, develop a plan to reach your lifestyle goals and offer support every step of the way.
No need to schedule an appointment to participate.
You can use eMOMSTM anytime, anywhere and receive all the information you need for you and your baby.
eMOMSTM can help you:
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Discover ways to be more active
- Reach out to family members to participate in program activities
- Lose weight after delivery
- Improve blood sugars and blood pressure
- Breastfeed your infant
- Provide ongoing support after the baby arrives
How to Participate
If you are interested in participating in the eMOMSTM program, please click the following link to see if you qualify:
To learn more about eMOMSTM call 316-293-3484.