The KUSM-W OB-GYN program is a fully approved and accredited four-year residency program that has five residents at each level for a total of 20 residents. Approximately 90 percent of our graduating residents practice the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology, either in private or academic settings; the other 10 percent proceed to fellowship.
The number of obstetric cases and deliveries available for residents to participate in consistently ranks above the 95th percentile nationally. Wesley Medical Center's Labor and Delivery unit features 20 state-of-the-art delivery suites with six antepartum rooms for outpatient obstetric evaluation. The labor and delivery unit in the main hospital is run by a first-year resident with supervision by a senior resident. The Wesley Birth Care Center, a free-standing birthing center, features 21 large labor and delivery suites managed by a second-year resident.
Residents operate in a number of gynecologic cases throughout the four years of training. Residents operate with 40 faculty members, including general OB-GYNs, reproductive endocrinologists, urogynecologists, perinatologists and gynecologic oncologists.
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Wesley Medical Plaza at Wesley Healthcare
551 N. Hillside, Suite 500
Wichita, KS 67214