Reflecting the entrepreneurial spirit of Wichita, the department has forged unique relationships with community subspecialty groups to enhance our teaching purpose. Through these relationships and coupled with our outstanding full-time faculty, we are able to provide high-quality, hands-on clinical training for both medical students and resident physicians.
- The Beat, Internal Medicine Newsletter
- October 2021 - Khalil Choucair, M.D., third-year resident, won the award for best research presentation at the American College of Physicians Kansas state regional meeting for his work, "The impact of liquid biopsy testing on treatment selection and survival in patients with advanced solid tumors." He will receive a cash award and a travel stipend to present his project at the National ACP meeting in Chicago in 2022.
- October 2021 - Nick Tuck, M.D., received a Midwest Society of General Internal Medicine Young Scholar award for his research in fluid therapy for sepsis shock. This is the second year in a row that the department has achieved this award, as in 2020, Connor Bowman, a senior medical student, gained the award for research on antibiotic therapy for septic shock. Connor is now a resident in Internal Medicine at the University of Iowa.
- September 2021 - The Department of Internal Medicine is excited to announce the addition of a Gastroenterology Fellowship Program.
- August 2021 - Congratulations to our 2021 Health Care Heroes: Maha Assi, M.D.; Jeremy Deutsch, M.D.; Garold Minns, M.D.; Johnny Moussa, M.D.; and Maggie Hagan, M.D.
- July 2021 - Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D., FACP, was named a 40 Under 40 honoree.
- June 2021 - Garold Minns, M.D., dean of KU School of Medicine-Wichita, was selected by the Gold Foundation as 2021 Champion of Humanistic Care.
KU School of Medicine-Wichita
1010 N. Kansas
Wichita, KS 67214