Reflecting the entrepreneurial spirit of Wichita, the department has forged unique relationships with community subspecialty groups to enhance our teaching purpose. Through these relationships and coupled with our outstanding full-time faculty, we are able to provide high-quality, hands-on clinical training for both medical students and resident physicians.
- The Beat, Internal Medicine Newsletter
- Congratulations to our faculty on their academic promotions: William Salyers, Jr., M.D., professor; Eli Brumfield, D.O., associate professor; Lisa Le, M.D., associate professor; Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., associate professor; Aziz Maksoud, M.D., clinical associate professor (volunteer); and Alaeldin Mohammed, M.D., clinical associate professor (volunteer).
- Congratulations to our 2022 Health Care Heroes: Raid Abu-Awwad, M.D.; Abdel-Ghanie Abu-Samra, M.D.; Michael Madecky; Phu Truong, M.D.; and Youssef Yammine, M.D.
- Khalil Choucair, M.D., recent graduate, won the National American College of Physicians oral research presentation in Chicago, Illinois, for his work, “The impact of liquid biopsy testing on treatment selection and survival in patients with advanced solid tumors.” He formerly won the award for best research presentation at the ACP-Kansas Chapter state regional meeting before advancing to the finals.
- Ahmad Mahdi, M.D., second-year resident, was selected to be part of writing the AAMC 2022 national guide for medical graduates titled “Transition in a Time of Disruption: Practical Guidance for Support Learners in the Transition to Graduate Medical Education.”
KU School of Medicine-Wichita
1010 N. Kansas
Wichita, KS 67214