The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, through the campus security office in our Safety & Emergency Management Department, makes several safety and security reports available to the community and to prospective students and employees. These reports provide important information, including several items for which federal law requires disclosure.
While the KU School of Medicine-Wichita strives to provide a safe environment, criminal incidents and other emergencies do occur despite reasonable efforts.
The Campus Security Report is published annually and contains the following information.
- Campus policy regarding the reporting of criminal activity
- Campus policy concerning facility safety and access
- Campus policy concerning law enforcement
- Information regarding security and crime prevention programs
- Campus policy for the recording of off-campus criminal activity
- Campus policy regarding the sale, possession, and use of alcohol and illegal drugs
- Information regarding drug and alcohol education programs
- Campus policy regarding sexual assault programs to prevent sex offenses and procedures to follow when sex offenses occur
- Crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years, to include crimes due to hate or bias
- Policies for making timely warnings to the campus community on events that represent a threat to their safety
- Policies regarding firearms and weapons on campus