Teaching Portfolio Guidelines for the Department of Anesthesiology
The development of a Teaching Portfolio is useful to establish and demonstrate Teaching accomplishments and advancements.
- Chronology of Teaching Activities
- Chronological list of courses taught by year
- Time commitment
- Number of students in the course
- Peer Evaluations
- Numeric scoring evaluations with comments from peers
- Letters from colleagues who have directly observed your skills
- Course directors
- Learner Evaluations
- Numerical summary of teaching effectiveness (student evaluations collected and summarized by the Department
- Should be chronological with goal to demonstrate improvement over time
- May include written comments
- Written letters from former residents, and fellows
- Consider developing a Reflective Statement
- Would be 1-3 pages in length
- Would include your philosophy of education, style and approach
- Highlight preferred teaching venues
- Provide insight of your teaching goals
- Provide method of self-assessment and measure to improve quality
- Standardized Curriculum Vita Formate
- Do Not Include
- Individual evaluation records
- Patient testimonials
- Thank you letters for presentation
- Power Point or videos
- Copies of awards, credentials, certificates, should be in CV
- E-mail comments
- Conference fliers showing you as speaker
The entire teaching portfolio should be 20-30 pages in length; a bigger document is not better. Information in the teaching portfolio should not be redundant with the curriculum vitae.
For more information go to School of Medicine Teaching Portfolio website.
A faculty member's career is his or her responsibility the mentoring program is designed to help them be successful in making the appropriate decisions to advance their career.
Merit, advancement and/or promotion are assessed according to the mission criteria of each academic track in the school of medicine.
Mar 13, 2019