Anesthesiology Committees & Professional Organizations
Service is a requirement on the Annual Faculty Evaluation and Promotion and Tenure. Below are committees which members can serve. Discuss reasonable commitments with your mentor.
Clinical Practice Committee
Faculty Development & Mentoring Committee
Faculty Recruitment Committee
Patient Safety Committee
Perioperative Surgical Home Committee
Promotion & Tenure Committee - See SOM Policy Statement about Departmental Promotion and Tenure Committees.
Quality Improvement Committee - monitors quality improvement reports, develops areas to evaluate, recommends changes and identifies areas of concern.
Research Committee - coordinates research effort, projects level of funding to Chair, oversees research.
Committees on the KUMC Campus
(SOM, Governance, Hospital, UKP, Research, Compliance)
Directors of Special Services
- Chris Beck, MD - Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Division
- John Breth, MD - Indian Creek
- Terry Chaffee, MD - KU MedWest
- Martin De Ruyter, MD - OR
- Brigid Flynn, MD - Critical Care Medicine Division
- Jana Goldsich, MD - Pre-Operative
- Seth Jacob, MD - CRNA Affairs & MSA Division
- Talal Khan, MD - Pain Division
- Jeanette Lozenski, MD - Sedation Services
- Malik Hamid, MD - Acute Pain Management
- Michael McCartney, MD - PACU
- Melissa Rockford, MD - OR
- Dawood Sayed, MD - Spine Center Interventional Pain Management
- Stephen Tarver, MD - Simulation Center
- Bryant Staples, MD - EMR Advisory Services
Local & National Anesthesiology Professional Organizations (Discuss with your Mentor)
Mar 13, 2019