Radiology Clinical Trials
The Department of Radiology participates clinical trials. Learn about our upcoming, ongoing and previous clinical trials.
The Department of Radiology participates in other research activities, including the following clinical trials. Please contact email@example.com with questions about these trials.
The following trials are open to enrollment:
- Pain Relief with GVE: Quantification of Pain Relief with Gonadal Vein Embolization for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- SUMMIT MAX: A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Interventional Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Effectiveness of the Route 92 Medical MonoPoint® Reperfusion System for Aspiration Thrombectomy in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients.
- DOORwaY90: A prospective, multicenter, open-label single-arm study evaluating the safety and efficacy of selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) using SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres on duration of response (DoR) and objective response rate (ORR) in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients.
- "Penumbra THUNDER: Acute Ischemic Stroke Study with the Penumbra System® including Thunderbolt™ Aspiration Tubing.
The following trials are coming soon:
- TriSalus PERIO-02: A Phase 1b/2 Pressure Enabled Regional Immuno-Oncology Study of Hepatic Arterial Infusion of SD-101 with Systemic Checkpoint Blockade for Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma.
- WEB PAS: Post-Approval Study – Post-Market Surveillance Study to Evaluate the Long-Term Safety and Effectiveness of the WEB Device.
- BD ARCH: The BD Liverty™ TIPS Stent Graft Study – A Global, Prospective, Multi-Center, Single-Arm Clinical Study for the Treatment of Complications from Portal Hypertension (ARCH)
The following trials are now closed to enrollment:
- Safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in combination with endhole aspiration in the treatment of acute DVT to demonstrate the effectiveness of venous thrombectomy combined with the endhole aspiration (Penumbra Indigo) in the single-session treatment of acute DVT.
- Ascelia Sparkle: A Multicentre, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Diagnostic Efficacy of Mangoral in Patients with Known or Suspected Focal Liver Lesions and Severe Renal Impairment
- SELECT 2: A Randomized Controlled Trial to Optimize Patient's Selection for Endovascular Treatment in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- JETi Registry: JETi registry's purpose is to evaluate real-world patient outcomes after treatment of acute and non-acute upper and lower extremity venous and arterial thrombosis with the JETi Thrombectomy System.
- Utilizing 3D printing to assist planning of endovascular procedures in interventional radiology
- International Acute Ischemic Stroke Registry with the Penumbra System Aspiration including the 3D Revascularization Device (COMPLETE Registry)
- A Prospective, Multicenter Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of the Indigo Aspiration System in Acute Pulmonary Embolism (EXTRACT-PE)
- A Prospective, Multicenter Registry Assessing the Embolization of Neurovascular Lesions using the Penumbra SMART Coil System (SMART)
- Yttrium Y-90 Resin Microspheres Data Collection in Unresectable Liver Cancer (RESIN Registry)
- Abbreviated Breast MRI and Digital Tomosynthesis Mammography in Screening Women With Dense Breasts (EA1141)
- TIPS Elastography: Shear Wave Elastography Assessment of Spleen Stiffness Before and After Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) Procedure
- TCOM vs NIRS: Accuracy of Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (TCOM) vs Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) in predicting wound outcomes in patients treated with or without revascularization
- Investigational Diffusion-weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the breast. The purpose is to create a registry of participants undergoing investigational diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) sequences with the purpose of improving breast MRI.
- MONARCH: The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the performance and safety of the CaterpillarTM Arterial Embolization Device when used for arterial embolization in the peripheral vasculature in a real-world, on-label application.
- ASSIST: ASSIST registry's Purpose is to Assess the Procedural Success and Clinical Outcomes Associated With Various Operator Techniques for Mechanical Thrombectomy in Large Vessel Occlusions (LVO)
- Novel hypoxia imaging for Head and Neck Cancer: Imaging phenotype for personalized treatment. The purpose is to determine hypoxia imaging phenotype on the multi-modal PDB (perfusion, diffusion, and BOLD) MR imaging will predict which patients will respond to chemoradiotherapy.
- #Hope4Liver: Evaluating the efficacy and safety of the HistoSonics System for the treatment of primary or metastatic tumors located in the liver.
- STRIKE-PE: A Prospective, Multicenter Study of the IndigoTM Aspiration System Seeking to Evaluate the Long-Term Safety and Outcomes of Treating Pulmonary Embolism.