One of the benefits of the University of Kansas Medical Center is access to cutting-edge treatment options through clinical trials.
A World Without Cancer
As an academic medical center, KU Medical Center recruits and funds research physicians whose sole function is to find better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer and other benign diseases. As a result, patients here have access to treatment options they may not find anywhere else.
Why do we believe in clinical trials?
- As part of a NCI-designated cancer center, KU Medical Center has access to a wealth of clinical trials that are unavailable elsewhere.
- These trials offer potentially life-saving treatment alternatives for patients for whom current therapies are less than effective.
- Clinical trials help advance the field of oncology.
Why enroll in clinical trials?
- To have a treatment option other than the "standard of care"
- To receive innovative therapies that may not be publicly available
- To take a more proactive approach to your cancer care
- To contribute to research and advance medical knowledge
- To help future generations