Summer Research Opportunities
Learn about the University of Kansas School of Medicine Department of Radiation Oncology Summer 2024 Internship.
Our department's summer 2024 internship opportunity is open to students seeking to gain valuable medical experience and research knowledge. Interns will work closely with radiation oncology faculty physicians and research personnel to complete clinical data abstraction for various cancer disease types. We are looking for self-motivated, hardworking, and detailed individuals who display an interest in radiation oncology with a focus on data coordination.
Internship description and benefits
- 8-week, full-time internship
- May 30 to July 26, 2024
- In-person 4 days per week, with 1 remote day per week
- Enter clinical data into REDCap database
- Educational, hands-on experience in radiation oncology research with different cancer disease sites
- Gain experience with Epic O2 electronic medical record (EMR)
- Access to radiation oncology resident lectures
- $2,000-$3,000 stipend per student intern.
A physician mentor will be assigned to each intern to provide personalized mentor-mentee time and clinical shadowing experiences throughout the internship.
- Must be an undergraduate, post-graduate, or medical student at the time of application.
- Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Personal laptop required.
- Application deadline: Feb. 16th, 2024
How to apply
We will be accepting applications to this program from Jan. 1 to Feb. 16, 2024.
Decisions will be made by March 2024.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the position, you may email Amanda Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org and Chloe Sutton at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this position!