Information for Applicants
Ready to apply? Here's everything you need to know.
Equal opportunity and nondiscrimination statement
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and activities, and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, including marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability (including failure to provide reasonable accommodation) or veteran status. Disability accommodation requests should be directed to Natalie Holick, EO/Disability Specialist, at 913-588-8011 (V) or email@example.com.
We accept two residents annually.
- All medical schools must meet accreditation requirements of the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
- You must have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2 and CS OR COMLEX Levels 1, 2 and PE prior to the submission of our rank order list. While we do not have minimum score requirements, we require passing scores on the first attempt on all USMLE or COMLEX examinations.
- According to University of Kansas School of Medicine Policy, only J-1 visas sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) are accepted.
- A minimum of 6 months of U.S. clinical experience
- Graduation from medical school within the past 3 years
Candidates should apply to the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, but they will be interviewed by both the Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
The ERAS application is standardized however, here's a list of required application materials.
- Complete application
- Photo taken within the past 6 months
- Dean’s letter from your medical school
- Copy of your medical school transcript
- Three letters of reference, prepared within the last 6 months
- Current curriculum vitae prepared within 3 months of application
- Personal statement
- COMLEX or USMLE transcripts