Learn more about the benefits offered to our Internal Medicine/Psychiatry residents.
Our residents earn a competitive annual salary and a benefits package that includes medical and dental plans and paid time off.
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for the current academic year's resident stipends. This information applies to residents and fellows training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas, campus.
For each academic year:
- 15 days of vacation
- Up to ten 10 days of medical leave/sick leave
- Up to five 5 days of professional leave
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
Additional paid benefits
- Kansas postgraduate permit fees
- Basic Life Support (BLS) registration
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) registration
- Paid garage parking
- On-call meal credit
- Limited supply of scrubs and embroidered white coats
- Personal health and dental insurance for resident (family health insurance available; additional fees apply)
- Disability insurance
- Malpractice coverage through the Kansas Stabilization Fund
- Paid campus fitness center membership
- Paid USMLE Step 3/COMLEX Level 3 Examination
- Paid Board Review Materials
- An additional $1,000 educational development fund per academic year
- $1,500 toward board certification exams in final year of training
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for more information about benefits.