Learn more about the salary and benefits package we offer our residents.
Our residents earn a competitive annual salary and a benefits package that includes medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for the current academic year's resident stipends. This information applies to residents and fellows training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas, campus.
- 15 days of vacation per academic year
- Up to 10 days of medical leave/sick leave
- Up to 5 days of professional leave
Additional paid benefits
- $600 educational development fund per academic year
- Kansas postgraduate permit fees
- Basic Life Support (BLS) registration
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) registration
- Paid garage parking
- On-call meal credit
- Student center, activity, library, identification and annual in-training examination fees
- Limited supply of scrubs and embroidered white coats (Laundry service not included)
- Personal health and dental insurance for resident (Family health insurance available; additional fees apply)
- Disability insurance
- Malpractice coverage through the Kansas Stabilization Fund
- Paid campus fitness center membership
- Paid USMLE Step 3/COMLEX Level 3 Examination
- Paid Board Review Course in final year of residency (Restrictions apply)
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for more information about resident benefits.