Learn more about the comprehensive salary and benefits package we offer.
Our residents earn a competitive annual salary and a benefits package that includes medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for the current academic year's resident stipends. This information applies to residents and fellows training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas, campus.
Leave per academic year
- 15 days of vacation
- 10 days of medical leave/sick leave
- Up to 5 days of professional leave
- Paid parental leave
Additional paid benefits
- $800 educational development fund per academic year
- Kansas postgraduate permit fees
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Garage parking
- Food stipend
- Student center, activity and library fees
- Psychiatry-Resident-In-Training Examination (PRITE) fees (optional)
- Board preparation materials
- Embroidered white coats (Laundry service not included)
- Personal health and dental insurance for resident (Family health insurance available; additional fees apply)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Malpractice coverage through the Kansas Stabilization Fund
- Campus fitness center membership
- Counseling services
- Membership dues for the American Psychiatric Association and Kansas Psychiatric Society
- Balance of educational funds may be applied toward board exams or board review
For more information about resident benefits, visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website.